To start the holiday season off on the right foot, I thought it best to share one of my go-to recipes. I've had this recipe since college, which explains why there is no cooking involved. This is a no bake recipe, so it is fast and easy. There is nothing fancy about these peanut butter squares, but I can tell you they are the first to go any place we take them.
1 cup butter
1 cup chunky peanut butter
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
2 cups sifted powdered sugar
1 cup (6 oz.) semi sweet chocolate morsels
2 tablespoons shortening
- Combine butter and peanut butter in a glass bowl, cover with paper towel and microwave for 1 1/2 minutes.
- Stir powdered sugar into peanut butter mixture, then graham cracker crumbs
- Press into 11 x 7 x 2 inch baking dish. I line mine with parchment so it is easier to remove and cut into squares
- Combine morsels and shortening and microwave on medium for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour over peanut butter mixture in pan and spread until even.
- Cover and chill for a few hours or over night if possible.
We hope you get a chance to make this recipe this holiday season and share it with your friends and family.