The fall is upon us. The nights are getting chillier and the days a little shorter. It is time to pull out the fall recipes and get cozy. One of our favorite fall foods to enjoy are pumpkins. From pumpkin beer to pumpkin muffins we love it all. There is something about that orange colored vegetable that makes you think of the deep flavors of fall.
Every year we look forward to pumpkin muffins. They come in may forms depending on the muffin or loaf pan of choice. They always satisfy our need for fall flavors all in a little bite.
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground all spice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 eggs
- 1 can solid pack pumpkin (15 ounces)
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup water
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Combine wet ingredients in a smaller bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients until combined.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 30 – 35 minutes. You can also make loafs (about 3 medium) and cook for 50 minutes.
This Monday recipe is part of the Studio Surface recipe exchange. We hope you will visit the other blogs participating in the exchange to see what their favorite fall recipes are. Be sure to check out Studio Surface, Live & Enliven, Under a Pink Moon, Bink and Boo, Kitchen Corners and Cupcake Monkey.