The holidays are right around the corner! My mom used to make these cinnamon ornaments with us when we were kids.
Cinnamon Ornament How-To
- 1 cup of ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon nutmeg
- 3/4 cup applesauce
- 2 tablespoons tacky glue*
*Please remember you can’t eat these.
- Combine dry ingredients in a medium bowl and stir in apple sauce and glue.
- Work for 2 to 3 minutes to form a ball. Too wet, add cinnamon, too dry add applesauce.
- Knead on a cinnamon sprinkled surface and divide into 4 portions. Roll 1/4 inch thick and cut out with cookie cutters. Use pencil to make hole for string. (Try not to use cookie cutters that are too fussy. The dough can be tough to work with and will not hold delicate shapes.)
- Dry in a warm oven, 250 to 300 degrees for several hours. I put them in for an hour, then turn off the oven and let them sit in the oven over night.
These smell wonderful when you are making them. We hope you get to squeeze some craft time into your busy holiday schedule.