There is nothing that I love more than a bunch of rotten bananas. I really love them when they are so overly ripe, I question if I should use them or not. This is a great recipe for ‘recycling’ food. You can use something you would normally throw away.
Here is my recipe for banana bread. I can mix this up in 10 minutes, nothing fancy required.
Banana Bread Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/4 cup mashed bananas (3 large)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup oil (vegetable or canola)
- Mix flour, baking powder and baking soda in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine bananas and cinnamon, then add in egg, sugar and oil.
- Gradually add flour mixture to banana mixture. Grease a loaf pan and bake at 350 for about 50 minutes (or so).
Recipe Notes: I have doubled this recipe and it works fine. You can also add nuts if you like.
Do you have a favorite food to recycle? Let me know, we are always looking for a way to use what we have on hand.