With the farmers markets bursting with corn right now, you can pick it up for a steal. And now that we have 20 lbs of corn at home, what do we do with it? Well lately I have been obsessed with corn salsa.
Salsas come in all varieties and flavors, so I think the term is pretty loose. In most cases, it happens to be what ever fresh vegetables I have around. Since we have have an abundance of corn, guess what: it’s corn salsa time.
This recipe can be put together in no time flat, for a party or last minute get together. Enjoy!
Recipe Corn Salsa
- 1 ear of corn
- 1 cucumber
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 lime
- 1 small handful of cilantro chopped
- 1 Avocado
- 1 orange or red chili pepper
- salt to taste
- Bring a pot of water to a boil, and boil corn for 4 minutes. Pull out the corn and let it cool while you prepare the rest.
- Peel, half and seed the cucumber and cut into a small dice and add to a bowl.
- Core, seed and dice the tomatoes and add to the same bowl. Same with the chili pepper.
- Take your avocado, dice and add to the bowl. Cut the lime in half and squeeze it over the avocado to keep it from turning brown and also to flavor the salsa.
- Next cut the corn off the cob and add it to the bowl. Add the cilantro and stir gently as not to bruise the avocado. Salt to taste and serve.