This month I’m sharing one of our favorite summer snacks, or this recipe would compliment any meal, especially BBQ. Corn cups! Our recipe is modified so it’s friendly enough for the reduction of dairy in my diet. Traditional corn cups are made with Mexican Creama (which is crazy good, and rich), so if you want to swap out the Vegenaise for the Creama you can. It’s a nice treat.
Summer Corn Cups
Measurements are per cup/serving.
- 1 ear of corn
- 1 tbsp Vegenaise
- Pinch of paprika
- Pinch of chili powder (sometimes we like it chili powder heavy)
- Pinch of cayenne
- Squeeze of lime wedge
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, add shucked corn and cook for 4-5 minutes, until tender. Let cool until you can handle the corn without screaming.
- Cut kernels of corn by placing corn in a large, deep bowl. This prevents the dreaded ‘corn splatter’ since the bowl catches most of the mess.
- Place corn in cup and add Vegenaise and spices, squeeze a lime wedge to complete. Enjoy!
Tip: The best thing about this recipe, is you can adjust the seasoning to suit your tastes. Like it spicy? Add more cayenne. This can also be made in advance if you are entertaining, and refrigerated until you’re ready to serve.
The going-ons around House of Brinson
Last month was probably one of our busiest months of the year. I look back at our calendar and am amazed it all happened. You ever have a month like that?
– I attended an online brunch, called Blog Brunch. Each month they discuss a different topic, and I find it super inspiring. If you’re into blogging or social media, make sure you join the next ‘brunch’.
– We went out to Long Island for a long weekend and it was so nice to spend some time by the water. We went swimming about 4 times a day! When I see botanical prints like these, I’m in love with the sea.
– The excitement is OFF THE CHARTS for our good friend Tiziana, owner of Love Thy Beast. She has made the short list for the CROWDFUNDx NYC Challenge, and could win $25,000 for her small business. It’s been exciting to see Tiz start and grow her business over the years. We’re thrilled for her.
– Check out some of our 4th of July videos on Instagram. Thanks to our friends who had us over to their amazing place right on the west side with views of the river. It was a lot of fun.
Looking forward to a hot July in NYC!