I always love trying new food, especially when it comes to entertaining. We were chatting with food stylist Mariana Velasquez at an event where she was speaking about food styling and taste making. While Mariana being a food stylist is a job description that most understand, she’s also a taste maker. She considers style and trends not only with her ideas about food, but also beyond the table, plus she’s incredibly fashionable and stylish, making chic look effortless.
Grilled Brioche and Strawberry Ice Cream “Cake” Recipe
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 large brioche bread, 8 to 10” diameter
- 3 tablespoons brown Butter
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened at room temperature
- 2 pints ripe and very sweet strawberries, hulled and sliced
- Preheat charcoal or gas grill.
- Cut brioche bread horizontally in half as you would a cake round to layer. Remove some bread from the top part of the bread and save for later use.
- Brush melted butter on cut sides of the bread and place on the grill buttered side down until grill marks appear.
- Remove from the heat and allow cooling and brush with brown butter.
- In the mean time, fold strawberries into the vanilla ice cream, working quickly because you don’t want the ice cream to melt too much. Right away, transfer ice cream inside the cavity of the hollowed top half of grilled bread and top with the bottom side to “sandwich” the ice cream in between the two pieces.
- Wrap with plastic and freeze for at least two hours before serving.