One Room Challenge : Week 1

House of Brinson / One Room Challenge / Week 1

Week 1

Thanks for kicking off week one of the One Room Challenge (ORC) with us! We approaching our blog posts in a different way. We have some pictures for you to look at, plus the House of Brinson vlog! It’s like one long Instagram Story, except we aren’t cut off after a minute. This week is a long one – we have a lot to share. One thing I love about video is that you can get a better sense of the space of the room.

Below each vlog, I’ll link to companies or resources we mention in the vlog (see Link Love below). If the product is sponsored or provided for the ORC, I’ll make a note of it next to the link.

House of Brinson / One Room Challenge / Week 1House of Brinson / One Room Challenge / Week 1 House of Brinson / One Room Challenge / Week 1 House of Brinson / One Room Challenge / Week 1 House of Brinson / One Room Challenge / Week 1 House of Brinson / One Room Challenge / Week 1

Don’t Forget

Below Link Love there’s the list of 19 other One Room Challenge participants. That means 19 rooms that will get a make over. Follow everyone and check in each week! Everyone will post on Wednesday with the latest update, and the big reveal in 6 weeks.

Link Love

Farrow and Ball / Official Sponsor of the One Room Challenge

Fringe Market / Official Sponsor of the One Room Challenge

Inspiration: World of Interiors

Renovation supplies for plaster wall prep: Quickset 45, knife with sharpe edge, flat putty knife, wire brush with scraper

Some products are sponsored for the One Room Challenge. We’ll always let you know with a note by the link. If we don’t love it, it’s not in our home. We’re very particular which sponsors we choose to feature.

Centsational Girl | Chris Loves Julia | Christine Dovey | Dwell With Dignity | The English Room

Glitter GuideHouse Updated  | J+J Design Group | Lark & Linen | Abby Manchesky

Nesting Place | Old Brand New | Old Home Love | The Pink Pagoda | Rambling Renovators

Erica Reitman | Sketch 42 | Suburban B’s | Erin Williamson

Media Partner

RELATED POSTS

27 Comments

1. Reply

christine dovey

April 5, 2017

I watched your whole video and loved every minute of it…that fringe!!!!!!!

Your house is incredible and I weirdly like the old walls in that bedroom with the ripped paper lol…having said that, the FB colours you chose are completely divine and I can’t WAIT to watch you transform the space…seriously in love already!!!

April 5, 2017

Thanks so much! I can’t wait to paint – for a room like this – it’s gonna be a big transformation. 🙂

2. Reply

Cassie Bustamante

April 5, 2017

what a fantastic space to work with! can’t wait to see it finished!

Thanks!

3. Reply

Jen @ RamblingRenovators

April 5, 2017

I love your starting point – the room has so much character already! But then you showed the paint, and your plans for the window coverings – it’s going to be SO good. Can’t wait to see it transform!

Thanks Jen! Seeing it painted is going to be a huge transformation. 🙂

4. Reply

Emma

April 5, 2017

You guys are adorable and awesome. Loved the video and can’t wait to see how this space comes together!

Thank you Emma!

5. Reply

Margaret Dixon

April 5, 2017

Oh man, I am going to love following your project. I just found your blog and your style is like a breath of fresh air. For years I have thought of my Grandmothers simple sheer curtains and what do you know, you have them and a tutorial, to boot. Good luck!

April 5, 2017

Welcome Margaret! I’m going to make similar sheers in this room too but fancy them up with some fringe! Thanks for commenting.

6. Reply

Erin

April 5, 2017

The bones of that room are incredible! I cannot wait to see how much changes with paint on the walls!

April 5, 2017

Paint is going to be transformative! I can’t wait to crack a can open.

7. Reply

es

April 5, 2017

what an amazing space. you are so genuine and real and full of inspiration in your video. never been on your site. i’m so excited, i plan to keep coming back. thank you so much.

April 5, 2017

Thank you for stopping by! We’ll do a video each week and share our updates. 🙂

8. Reply

Danielle

April 5, 2017

Best of luck! What you are doing with this vintage home is wonderful. Can’t wait to see the end product!

Thank you Danielle!

9. Reply

Joanna Gick

April 5, 2017

So much potential and charm here!! I can not wait to see what you guys end up doing:)

April 7, 2017

Thank you Joanna!

10. Reply

Linda | Calling it Home

April 6, 2017

What a great video! I don’t think I have ever had trim envy like I do now. I want all of it. Love your selection, and I can’t wait to see those drapes come to life. I also liked hearing about your plaster walls. It brings back memories of our first home. Real character.

April 7, 2017

Thank YOU for the opportunity! This is so much fun – we just love the community participating in the challenge.

11. Reply

Andrea

April 6, 2017

Your house is amazing! I usually don’t fall in love with before pics but in this case I did. I can only imagine what you will do. I think Anthropolgie might want to shoot some ads in this room.

April 7, 2017

Thanks Andrea! Wait until you see the after pics. 🙂

12. Reply

Suzanne Fortescue

April 21, 2017

I am so happy to learn about you and your husband and your interesting life! I just asked my husband if we should go look at our “dream fixer” that just got boarded up the other day…thanks for inspo. We love in an old hosue and I love WLD of INTERIORS too – only magazine I still get and make time to read.

I am also a designer and I sell designer pillows including vintage textiles.. I have a lot more inventory especially old stuff that might interest you than I have online 0- needlepoints, vintage florals, some Victorian stuff…if I can be your PILLOW SPONSOR in anyway I’d love to. Check out http://www.studiotullia.com and my Etsy store for more ready-mades http://www.etsy.com/shop/studiotullia Sure would love to work with you now or in the future! Best of luck – cant wait to keep watching along. I could also send you some ideas via email if you give me some direction. Best, Suzanne

April 22, 2017

Thanks! World of Interiors is SO good – I’m surprised to find a group of underground readers in the US! Your products are beautiful, but we can only work with sponsors that are official. If you contact Linda from Calling It Home, she can provide more information. 🙂