One Room Challenge : Week 2

Week 2

I’m not gonna lie, week 2 was intense. On the vlog you’ll see the repair of the walls plus how Will addresses fixing the large cracks in the plaster. Then we have a look behind the scenes at our hand painted wall paper from Gracie. And a little interview with Jennifer Gracie, who is the fourth generation to run the family owned company. To say the least we’re excited to paint and prepare the dressing room for wall paper installation. See you next week!

Missed Week 1? Check it out here.

Below each vlog, I’ll link to companies or resources we mention in the vlog (see Link Love below). If the product is sponsored or provided for the ORC, I’ll make a note of it next to the link.

DON’T FORGET

Below Link Love there’s the list of 19 other One Room Challenge participants. That means 19 rooms that will get a make over. Follow everyone and check in each week! Everyone will post on Wednesday with the latest update, and the big reveal in 6 weeks.

Link Love

Gracie / Wall paper / Sponsored Product

Follow on @GracieStudio on Instagram for daily inspiration.

Renovation supplies for plaster wall prep: Quickset 45, knife with sharpe edge, flat putty knife, wire brush with scraper

Some products are sponsored for the One Room Challenge. We’ll always let you know with a note by the link. If we don’t love it, it’s not in our home. We’re very particular which sponsors we choose to feature.

Centsational Girl | Chris Loves Julia | Christine Dovey | Dwell With Dignity | The English Room

Glitter GuideHouse Updated  | J+J Design Group | Lark & Linen | Abby Manchesky

Nesting Place | Old Brand New | Old Home Love | The Pink Pagoda | Rambling Renovators

Erica Reitman | Sketch 42 | Suburban B’s | Erin Williamson

Media Partner

RELATED POSTS

15 Comments

1. Reply

Jen @ RamblingRenovators

April 12, 2017

What beautiful wallpaper, and what a storied history behind Gracie! Can’t wait to see the paper installed.

Susan Brinson

April 12, 2017

Wall paper install day can’t come fast enough! 🙂

2. Reply

Dabito

April 12, 2017

Yaaas! The wallpaper is everything! I can’t wait to see it up!

Susan Brinson

April 12, 2017

Thanks! Me too!

3. Reply

Oksana | FOXYOXIE.com

April 12, 2017

I can’t remember whether I commented last week or not, but I just have to say how obsessed I am with this space. It just might be one of my favorites this round – or ever! I literally would not mind living in it as is – so dreamy and romantic! We’re transforming our office into a nursery for this ORC, and as exciting as that is for obvious reasons (our first baby!), there’s nothing like YOUR PROJECT to set my renovation-obsessed heart aflutter. Can’t wait to see this space unfold – I have a feeling it’ll be quite magical.

Susan Brinson

April 12, 2017

Thanks Oksana and congrats on your first baby! I think the next two weeks with paint and wall paper will be the big transformation weeks!

4. Reply

Rachel M.

April 12, 2017

I die over this wallpaper every time I see it! Can’t wait to see it up on the walls. Are you still going to use the dressing room as your office? Or is that being relocated to another room in the house?

Susan Brinson

April 12, 2017

I die too – I kinda can’t believe it’s going in my house! I love it so much. We are moving our office to the third floor. It will give us some separation between home and office, but we have to have extensive electrical work completed. The third floor hasn’t been renovated since the 1930s and has very little electrical because of that. So many projects. 🙂

Rachel M.

April 14, 2017

Gotcha! You have a lot happening with this room and the living room and I can’t wait to see the results of both. I’ve had my eye on a house in Saugerties for a while now that badly needs someone to take care of it again. The main problem is that I’m not currently in the Hudson Valley! It’s not so crazy to look for a new job and want to move just for a house, right? haha!

Susan Brinson

April 15, 2017

Yes, we probably have too much going on. But it’s worth it to make a big push, then enjoy! Totally not crazy to do a few things at a time. I bought a house, moved to a new town, quit my corporate job, changed my career and it all worked out. Not without some pain points, but it did work out. 🙂

5. Reply

Linda | Calling it Home

April 13, 2017

Mr. House of Brinson is excellent in explaining the process of wall repair. I still can’t believe your trimwork is original. It’s amazing.

6. Reply

Cassie Bustamante

April 13, 2017

oh my lord, that paper!!!! AAAAH!

7. Reply

Ariel

April 13, 2017

That wallpaper is to die for. Excellent choice!