If you haven’t already figured it out, we love to party! Hosting friends and colleges is our way to unwind, stay creative and enjoy our lives. We truly love the idea of an open home. I feel like this was a pretty common thing in our grandparents era, and they have plenty of stories to prove it. We enjoy carring on this tradition.
Cocktails and wine are the easy part, but feeding 12 people with a few hours notice, that can be tricky. That’s why my recipe for “Summer Coconut Rice ” is a perfect go-to summer dish. You can serve this dish hot or room temp and as a side dish or a main, you can’t go wrong. If I have time, my perfect quick family style dinner is a roasted chicken stuffed with oranges and this summer coconut rice recipe. It’s colorful and very filing with little effort.
Next time you have a crowd at the door or you just want to bring something to a picnic, whip this dish together and let everyone think you slaved away in a hot kitchen. Enjoy!
Summer Coconut Rice Recipe
- 1 cup of uncooked white rice cooked to your liking
- 1 medium bunch of cilantro half torn and half rough chopped
- 1/2 pint of cherry or grape tomatoes halved
- 2 – 3 tbs of coconut cream
- Salt to taste
- Combine cooked rice with the coconut cream (add more or less depending how sweet you like it).
- Add tomatoes and rough chopped cilantro to the rice and combine.
- Right before you serve sprinkle the torn cilantro on top.